This Success habit can change everything!
Today I am going to throw a grenade on one of the most prevalent axioms known to man “If it is to good to be true, then it is”! Ready? I am pulling the pin… KABOOM!!!
There is one exception that I know of this rule; it is success habit #4. But before I share with you why, I want you to remember I will never tell anything that I haven’t experienced or can’t substantiate.
Early in my life I was considered by most to be a very negative person who was often angry and surly. Not a pretty picture or something I am proud of. Till one day the girl of my dreams told me if I had any chance with her I was going to have to change my attitude. I said, “how do expect me to that, this is just the way I am.”
Talk about clueless! Well I did marry that girl and we just celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary, so something changed, but what? Here is the secret; I began to adopt an attitude of gratitude. It means I stopped looking at my life and the world around me as the glass being half empty or in my case, no glass at all.
Welcome to Success Habit #4
Here is what you need to know. First, we all have the capacity for change. I don’t care what excuse or crutch you can make. They’re all lies we tell ourselves because we fear change and the unknown. Every time we tell ourselves, “it is just the way I am,” you give up your power to change and grow. Please eliminate that statement from your consciousness.
Secondly, science has proven that we ALL have the capacity to rewire the circuits of our brain. This means that with the right know how we can change the firing and wiring that has us addicted to our limiting beliefs. Do you get how amazing that is? We don’t have to be victims of our past programming. I’m giving you a fist bump on that news!!
I personally have found and people I have consulted with that gratitude is the one success habit that immediately begins to change our world. Almost instantly! That’s when everything in life changed such as my relationships, experiences, opportunities and happiness.
When we stay present in the emotion of gratitude we vibrate at a much higher level. We can actually measure the body’s electromagnetic field. That increased vibration is literally experienced at the cellular level, which triggers our genes to express better health. Research has concluded that people with cancer who are positive and thankful live longer than those who don’t.
The thing to remember, “When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change.” That is one of my favorite quotes by Dr. Wayne Dyer. Those words are profound.
Still have doubt? Then consider this, it humanly impossible to hold two opposing emotions at the same time. Try it! You can’t be expressing love and hate at the same time. You can’t be calm and angry or happy and sad simultaneously. It just can’t happen! Therefore when we remain present in gratitude we see the world through a very different lens.
Here are the 7 steps to living a more grateful life:
- Start each day by giving thanks for the good things, for your challenges, for someone and for something yet to come.
- When you’re experiencing any low tone energies like, (apathy, despair, anxiety, fear, jealousy, guilt, depression, anger, hate etc.) stop take three deep breathes and then give thank for something or someone. I promise you will feel differently.
- Call someone today and tell him or her how much you appreciate them. You will brighten that persons day as well as your own.
- “The Golden Rule’” Treat others with kindness and respect. Give it first and then you will receive.
- Give thanks before each meal for your entire blessings. See the food you’re about to consume nourishing your body and mind.
- Give hugs, smiles and words of affirmation and gratitude at every opportunity. Watch how your world changes.
- End each day before you go fall asleep by giving thanks for the opportunities and challenges you faced that day. Each has made you a stronger and a better person. Also give thanks for the restful journey you’re about to experience so you can face tomorrow rested and ready to reach your fullest potential.
Apply these 7 steps to become the most grateful person you know and watch how the world around you begins to reflect your new grateful attitude. This is when the magic happens.
I am grateful that you have joined my team and me on this journey to creating our best life, our TriplePLife!
EmPower Your Dreams, Ignite Your Passion, Accelerate Your Prosperity